Email marketing is the advertisement of a product, service, or brand through electronic mail
Email marketing can be used to improve the relationship between a business and its customers or to gain new customers
Why use Email marketing?
- Low cost in comparison to some marketing methods
- Sign-ups allow you to collect key information
- Emails can be used to cross-promote other channels
- Can build on email campaigns one on top of another
What are the disadvantages to Email marketing?
- Competing for attention – our inboxes are already full
- Who are you? Consumers will forget you if you’re not in contact regularly and will mark you as spam if you send too many emails
- Third party email lists may be cost effective, but might not be ‘clean’
- Building your database can take time
- Building emails can be time-consuming
Are there any guidelines when using Email marketing?
- Have clear privacy and data policies
- Make it easy to sign-up…
- …and unsubscribe
- Respond – no “do not reply” email addresses
- Double-opt in
- Have a specific email domain
- Segment and personalise
- Test, test, test